If you are a garlic lover then you’ll love this pizza. This is another version of pizza from my hubby. I have posted our Veggie Delight Pizza before. I love my hubby’s handmade pizza as he just makes awesome and tasty pizza. Whenever we plan to make pizza at home, I would only have to make him a pizza dough and rest will be taken care by him. :) This Garlic Crust Pizza is something we always have in our menu if we are having a pizza party. I am glad we gradually have started to make it at home. If you wake up my hubby in midnight and ask for to make a fresh pizza for you, he would happily make it. But wait…if I ask for something else to prepare, he would start to snore (fake!) :( Such a crazy boy! :D
Anyway, here is very simple recipe for Garlic Crust Pizza. You just need a pizza dough and some common ingredients that is easily available in your pantry and fridge. You won’t need to prepare any Tomato Sauce. Try this sometime and you’ll love it.
Pizza dough (3 medium or 2 large pizza disks): Please find recipe here.
This time I prepared this pizza dough a day ahead. I meant I prepared it in evening and gave a rest for an hour and kneaded it for 2 mins, wrapped and chilled it for overnight. Next day, I took the dough out from fridge 2 hours before baking the pizza. I follow this same dough recipe from our previous version.
- Garlic paste:
- ½ Cup, 115 grams or 1 stick (US measurement) Butter, softened (but not runny)
- 1-2 big Garlic cloves, grated
- ½ tsp Oregano
- Salt - a little
- For garnish:
- Red Chili flakes - to taste
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - use less or more to your choice
- ) Preheat oven at 250° C (480° F) and place your oven rack in lowest position in the oven. Prepare your pizza baking trays with oil.
- ) In a small bowl, combine butter + grated garlic + ½ tsp oregano + a little salt. Make a thick paste. Keep it aside.
- ) Knead the pizza dough on a lightly floured kitchen counter top for 5 minutes. Make 3 equal size balls. (If you are not using all of them, coat lightly with flour and wrap individual ball nicely and store them in freezer for 2-3 months.) Roll out pizza dough on counter and transfer into pizza baking tray and push from the centre of the disc, press the dough out to form a circle with a diameter of about 25cm and about half-inch thickness.
- ) Spread the garlic paste evenly on pizza base. Sprinkle red chili flakes (to taste) and oregano. Finally garnish with heaps of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake pizza for about 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden and base is crisp and little browny.
- Enjoy with tomato catchup!
You might be like this