This beautiful dish was long time due to post. When Trupti announced the JFI-Paneer, I knew what I was going to send. :) Well, I had no clue about the exact recipe and how I was going to make it. I just made it with some common ingredients what available in my pantry. Most Punjabi gravies, either red or white, the preparation is almost same using common spices. So, I went ahead and made this Paneer Makhani aka Paneer Butter Masala. Trust me, the result was really awesome! Adding poppy seeds and cashew powder gives you creamier and silky gravy. Overall, it was very tasty and mouth-watering.
- 3 Tbsp Oil + 1 Tbsp Butter
- 12-13 Paneer cubes
- 2 medium Onions-roughly chopped
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cashew powder or handful broken Cashew
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds/Khus-khus - Optional
- 1 tsp each Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, and Sweet Paprika powder
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili powder-or to taste
- ½ tsp Kitchen King Masala powder (optional)
- ⅛ tsp CCC powder (Cloves-Cardamom-Cinnamon powder) Or 1 whole each
- ½ tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi
- 1 tsp Honey or Sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy Cream
- Salt -to taste
- chopped Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a tbsp oil in non-stick pan. Fry paneer cubes till golden brown each side. Remove them on kitchen towel. Drop them in bowl of water for 15-20 mins. Drain and keep it aside. If you don't have cashew powder, soak cashew in ½ cup hot water at least 30 mins.
- Heat a tbsp oil in another pan. Add onions, sprinkle some salt and cook them till light brown. Add ginger garlic powder. Sauté for 1 min more. Add all the spices (except Kitchen King Masala pwd). Now add chopped tomatoes and cook it until tomatoes become soft.
- Add poppy seeds and cashew powder or soaked broken cashew to it. Cook for 2 mins more. Remove from the heat and let it cool completely. Grind into smooth purée adding ½ cup water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in same pan. Add the onion-tomato purée and cook on low heat for 4-5 mins. Add more ½ cup of water if needed and let the gravy to be thickened. Add salt, kasuri methi and honey. Finally add paneer cubes and reserve some for garnish. Let it cook on low heat for 2 mins. Adjust the seasoning. Add the butter and cream. Garnish with cilantro and cubed paneer.
Enjoy with naan or roti or paratha or rice. We had it with Carrot Paratha and Jeera Rice. Recipe coming soon!
You might be like this