Do you love baking? I love baking, baking utensils, books and everything. :) Though, I am a novice baker and slowly trying my hands in baking goodies too. I have started to bake with small steps. So, this time I have made a Lemony Raspberry Mini Muffins from Deb’s Smitten Kitchen. Most Americans (foodies) and other food lovers from all over the world knows about the Smitten Kitchen. She is just an amazing cook and blogger. Her blog contains an excellent recipes and I have an excellent stack of ‘Bookmarked’ recipes to try from her blog. ;) This is one of my bookmarked recipe. I made this Raspberry topped Lemony Muffins and it just came out great! My little kitchen wafted away with lovely smell! :)
I love bite sized mini muffins than regular one. I bought mini muffin pan few months back and I love it! I tried couple of mini muffin recipes from different sources and will post it later. Today, you will enjoy this Lemony Raspberry muffins. I halved the recipe but followed closely the original recipe. They finished in no time. :)
Before you proceed to the recipe, read here. A good post about how to choose, clean and store Raspberry.
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Lemon peel
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 50 gm Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet (about 125 gm) of fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a mini muffin tray with paper liners. Mash 2 Tbsp sugar and lemon peel in small bowl until sugar is slightly moist. Whisk flour,baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat remaining ½ cup sugar and butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg. Beat in buttermilk, then vanilla and lemon sugar. Beat in flour mixture.
- Spoon down the batter among muffin cups up to ¾ level. Top each muffin with one raspberry. Bake muffins until lightly browned on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
You might be like this