Last weekend we went to the trip on the Daylesford, Victoria. We explored around the Daylesford, Hepburn Springs and Trentham. Daylesford is beautiful and kinda hill station place. We were lucky to have clear sky except few showers. The weather of Daylesford was moist and cool. It’s a small town about 115 kilometres north-west of Melbourne, Victoria. We truly enjoyed our escape from city’s hustle-bustle life! We had best food there, organic and local food with relaxing spa & massage!
It’s first time I took my dSLR (Nikon D90 and only lens 50mm 1.4D) with me and taken lots of pictures there. I’ve learned to capture outdoor shooting with my dSLR. It’s fun and frustrating at the same time. Enjoy!
I had to tell about this.
I was not satisfied with quality of this cupcakes pictures so I didn’t share with you. But, despite my ordinary pictures, I forced to share with you. The husband asked twice: did you share this recipe on your blog?? Please do share. They were awesome. And I also shared some cupcakes to my friends too and they raved about it as well. So, everything push me to share Isa’s recipe with you.
If you’re looking for EGGLESS chocolate cupcakes with rich frosting, this is something you’ll need. It’s a full proof recipe!
I made these cuties for friends’ son’s birthday party. The 7 years old birthday boy delighted to see cookies on the cupcakes. I made it with strawberry flavour Oreo cookies as he is a strawberry lover! Feel free to use any frosting of your choice as the basic cupcakes recipe is very simple and can go with any toppings.
Adapted from one of my favourites: VCTOTW
- For Basic Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1 cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup granulate sugar [I used soft dark brown sugar]
- ⅓ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- about 20 Oreo cookies, any flavour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/plain flour/maida
- ⅓ cup dutch-processed cocoa powder or use any you’ve available on hand
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- For Vegan Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup margarine [I use Table Land's dairy free margarine]
- about 2.5 to 3 cups icing sugar or confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp water
- For chocolate cupcakes:
- Prepare the muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 350 F/175 C.
- Chop Oreo cookies (reserve 6 cookies for topping) and then pulse into food processor for 2-3 times. Should be in coarse powder but not fine one.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the soy milk and vinegar together and set aside for few minutes to curdle up.
- In another bowl, add the sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix into milk+vinegar mixture and give it a stir.
- In separate wide bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix into wet ingredients in 2 part. Beat till lump free. About 5 minutes. Add about 1 cup chopped oero cookies now and mix well. Pour into muffin liners up to ¾. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.
- For vegan buttercream frosting:
- Beat the margarine very well until fluffy. Add the sugar in 3-4 batch and beat for 1 minute each time adding the sugar. Also, add the water as needed and beat for 5 minutes more till it reaches to soft and smooth buttercream.
- Stir in ½ cup chopped Oreo cookies crumbs. Frost your cupcakes generously and top the cupcakes with half Oreo cookie.
One last picture of Lake Daylesford. Serene place….