This time I will share you something healthy and nutritious cake/bar. I have been fan of Vcuisine blog of Viji Di. Since it’s private blog and only invited readers can access her blog. Let me tell you…her blog is full of healthy recipes with inspirational articles and quotes. I am a regular reader of her blog and always enjoy her writing and recipes. I have had tried many recipes from Vcuisine and some of them became frequent in my home. This time, I thought I should share this recipe. I have closely followed the original version.
For nuts, I used raisins, almonds, hazelnuts, cranberries, maraschino cherry, pepita and sunflower seeds. And it came out so good and worth to try again. A very good snack as it contains healthy products and can go with cuppa of tea or coffee. We enjoy as it is. The ingredients list is long but recipe is very simple to follow. Here you go.
Carrot Nuts Coffee Cake Recipe:
- 1.5 C Pancakes flour (I used AP flour + 1/2 tsp Baking pwd)
- 1/4 C fine Cornmeal
- 1/4 C Wheat Germ
- 1/4 C Golden Flax seeds – grind coarsely
- 1/4 C Sunflower seeds – grind coarsely
- 1 C light Brown Sugar (I used dark one)
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwd
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla sugar (I didn’t have so skipped)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon pwd
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 big Carrot – chopped into fine particles
- 1 C of Nuts – coarsely crushed in food processor (I used raisins, almonds, hazelnuts, cranberries, maraschino cherry, Pepita and Sunflower seeds)
- 1 Banana – mashed
- 1 C Milk
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1/2 C of Nuts – coarsely crushed (as above)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- A pinch of Cinnamon pwd
1) Keep all the ingredients ready and preheat the oven at 175° C. Spray or grease a 8″x8″ square dish and keep it aside.
2) Mix the topping ingredients and keep it aside.
3) Beat the mashed banana, milk and melted butter well. If you prefer add 1 egg to this. I didn’t.
4) In a large deep bowl, place all the dry ingredients including the carrot and mix well. To this, add the banana mixture and gently fold. If it is too stiff add some more milk. For me, this measurement was perfect so I didn’t add any more milk.
5) Pour this mixture into the greased pan and sprinkle the topping mixture over it. Bake it for 20 mins on 175°C. Reduce the temperature to 150°C and bake for another 20-25 mins. Let it cool completely before you slice.
Wasn’t it simple? I am munching a cake slice while writing this post. :) Truly delicious! It’s tastes better the next day. We really loved this crunchy cake.
Thank you very much Viji Di! :)
You might be like this